A Bikram Hot Yoga studio is a little different from other studios.
Please familiarize yourself with the following guidelines.
- The Studio opens it's doors 30 minutes before each class.
- Please arrive with enough time to change clothes and set up in the yoga room before class starts (we recommend at least 15 minutes before class time).
- Please remove your shoes upon entering the studio.
- Please inform the instructor (before class) if you have had a recent injury or surgery.
- Students are not permitted to join a class after it has started.
- Read the "Be Prepared" page before attempting your first class.
- Please be on your mat and prepared several minutes before class start time.
- The time before class in the Hot Room is reserved for quite contemplation and meditation. Please no talking. If you want to have a conversation with your friend, please meet them outside.
- No distracting devices such as cell phones in the Hot Room.
- When placing your mat, please look around you to ensure that you are not blocking any other students from viewing themselves in the mirror. Negotiate minor adjustments as needed.
- In smaller classes, please try to set up on one side of the room or the other. Look to see where others, who entered before you, have set up and follow suit.
- Listen to the instructor closely and follow along.
- Try to do each posture to the best of your ability (don't worry about what others are doing). If you can't go all the way into a pose today, don't sweat it. You will get to where you need to be eventually.
- Do not leave the Hot Room during class (remember, sometimes just staying in class is an accomplishment in itself).
- If you get too tired, or too hot, just sit down and rest for a while. Get back up when you feel better.
- If there is an emergency and you need to leave the Hot Room, get the instructors attention and let him or her know before walking out. It's important to let the instructor know that you are OK -- or Not OK for that matter.
- No talking during class. Smiling is OK.
- Surrender to the flow of the class. This is your opportunity to give your mind a rest and just "be" for a while.
- Try to stay in final savasana for 2-3 minutes at least (longer if you have the time).
- Remember, Final Savasana is a silent savasana. Please try to be as quite as possible when leaving the Hot Room.
- If your towel is soaked at the end of class, please try get it into a plastic bag or container ASAP to avoid creating sweat puddles. :(
- Please limit shower time to two minutes if there are others waiting.
- The Studio closes it's doors 30 minutes after class has ended. Please clean up and change within that time.